Thank you for considering me as a possible reviewer for your book(s). I am currently accepting review copies at this time, but here is some information you should know before submitting a request to me.
I always write honest reviews. If a book doesn’t work for me, I will say so. I always strive to be polite and to never “bash” an author or a book, but I will always give my truthful opinion. Please do not ask me to review your book if you are only looking for positive reviews, because I cannot guarantee that.
I reserve the right to not finish and/or not review a book that I accept for review. I endeavor to review every book I read, but if I am not enjoying a book after 50-100 pages (depending upon the total length of the book) I will usually abandon abandon it, which means there will be no review.
If you have a particular time frame wherein you’d like the review to be published on my blog, please say so in your original email request. I will review at my own pace unless otherwise requested.
- Fantasy and Science Fiction of all types
- Comic Books/Graphic Novels
- Short Fiction/Anthology
- New Weird/Steampunk
- Contemporary/Literary Adult fiction
- Historical fiction
- Young Adult fiction
- Children’s books (books marketed to kids younger than teens)
- Nonfiction related to feminism, history, politics, environment, anthropology, psychology, theology, cartography and urbanism.
Generally, I am NOT interested in reviewing books within the following genres:
- Stories about wealthy young New Yorkers being sad in a post 9/11 milieu.
- Military fiction
- Women’s fiction
- Christian or Religious fiction
- Any self published books
I do NOT review audiobooks and ebooks at present, but I could be convinced. I typically publish my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. If you’d like me to publish the review elsewhere I’m happy to accommodate. I will never sell ARCs but I may pass them along to friends, family, other bloggers or readers via giveaways on my blog.