You know how leftovers taste even better the next day? This is like that…only I made it today…
– I don’t know if I will actually ever play this game. But this is one heck of a review. And who hasn’t wanted to shoot Cthulhu in the face with a double-barreled shotgun?
– Have you ever wondered, “What exactly goes into creating a font based off a decades old, hand-lettered comic?”
Me either. But as it turns out, the process is fascinating just the same.
– I am going to sit down with my girls, make a big batch of popcorn, and watch the crap out of this.
– As a kind of coda to my post from yesterday, I offer some hopeful news about a protocol being put in place in three states that has already lowered deaths as a result of domestic violence by 40% in Maryland.
Officers called to crime scenes related to domestic violence ask a series of questions to gauge victims’ likelihood of being killed by their attackers. If victims answer yes to the first three questions posed, or four of eight subsequent ones, officers immediately provide them with a cell phone to call a help line. The process is completed without the attacker present, and is projected to last fifteen minutes – including the time it takes to pose the questions, listen to responses, and call the help line.
– And finally, one of the finest short stories I read in 2013. I’m not the biggest Stephen King fanboy, but “The End of the Whole Mess” is a masterpiece.
PS: You want to see something totally bananas?
The 1940’s were weird. Solid potato salad, indeed.